[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forums • View topic - EDC pack

EDC pack

Backpack Discussion

EDC pack

Postby Fedster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Take into account I have no money to buy it, but I'd like to see a small panel loader (Gila sized), with panel compression and 22 or 21 inches integrated stays. I use a peregrine as EDC and I am happy with it, but I fly a lot and I always wonder when airline carries will realise my stays are 24 and do not bend -- and I am not cutting them (in fact I like a 26 frame or even 28 for hiking). The X42 Gila is nice, but for an EDC I'd like panel loading and the flexibility of a simple talon. As I said, no money now to buy it (and I'd just buy one anyway), but I like to send the idea to my favourite pack maker just in case...
Fedster

Re: EDC pack

Postby ktimm » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:13 am

We do have a smaller / carry on pack on the drawing board

Thanks
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby Fedster » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 am

Great! my 2 cents: keep the frame, just make it shorter. Or at least keep some sort of frame and belt.
Fedster

Postby ktimm » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:12 pm

ktimm
Site Admin

Postby Fedster » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:39 am

actually, since people try and steal every scrap of info about me as a consumer, I will give you 100% of what I have in mind without SO having to do market research for it ;).

I'd like a mini exposure, integrated 21 inches frame (I do get I would not have load lifter use at that size), standard SO belt and harness, NO mesh pocket NOR external back pocket -- I much prefer a talon because it is more flexible, most likely offers greater compression and I can stick stuff between main bag and talon (side cordura bottle pockets are good though). For this application I'd love a (XPAC!) talon that is as wide/tall as the main bag. I live in places where it rains as much or more than it does not, so I need some water resistance (did I say XPAC?) all over, and the side zipper of a talon and the lip over the main zipper of the exposure are great compromises for that.

To give even more info, the two reasons why I am not going for a HPG Aston House BC are (1) exposed zippers and (2) weight, especially with belt and compression pocket -- it would fit my EDC needs otherwise.

Make of the above whatever you want, it is admittedly ONE single data point.
Fedster

Postby Camber » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:06 am

I'd buy what Fedster is selling ! :)

I'd actually a flap top opening with a side zipper, but i wouldn't be that picky. It's not a big deal.

RE the Aston House BC: their products are wonderfully built, but their belts, especially the non padded one are way too wide, I don't like the bottom zipper (for me an unnecessary point of failure), and the panel they have with pockets, well, it has too many pockets and bulks up weirdly when filled (I tried one on an Umlindi before selling it). The bigger Talon that Fedster mentions would be sweet.
Camber

Postby ktimm » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:27 am

Noted thanks for the responses .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktimm
Site Admin

Return to Backpacks

x