[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forums • View topic - new sxl stove damper

new sxl stove damper

Lightweight Packable wood stoves

new sxl stove damper

Postby cschache » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:56 pm

So I received my sxl titanium stove and did the first burn in yesterday, I have a few questions,
1- the stove pipe sits directly on top of the damper and when functioning the damper it appears to be binding with stove pipe, is this normal?
2-when I took stove apart after the burn in the one side of the damper (the tapered end on the plate) had bent almost 90 degrees causing it to not dampen, I bent back into place but I am afraid this will be an ongoing problem, is this why seek offers the upgrade to the V2?
3-i had one heck of a time to roll stove pipe length ways on initial burn in, will this be an on going issue or will this be easier next time and does anyone have any tricks to make this easier?
4- is there a trick to get a good round stove pipe with no crinkles?
Other than the 4 questions which have probably easy answers I am very happy with everything else, works great!! thanks in advance for the response.
cschache

Re: new sxl stove damper

Postby Grant » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:24 pm

I have not had any issues with my damper. The pipe will be much easier to roll out the next time. If you had wrinkles in it during the first burn it will be difficult to get rid of those.

I had help the first time I rolled my chimney. 4 hands makes a huge difference. We also used a aerosol can to help it roll up and that seemed to work good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Grant

Postby cschache » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:28 pm

thoughts on the upgrade dampener to the V2? it appears to be more robust.
cschache

Postby Grant » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:22 pm

I believe that's the damper I have. The only issue I guess I have is sometimes I have to hang something off the lever to keep it open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grant

Postby cschache » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:42 pm

I think im going to try putting a short strong spring on one of the ends inside the dampening assembly to create a bit of resistance to try and stop it from falling shut as long as the spring doesn't disintegrate, Lol!
cschache

Postby reaper » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:39 am

Grant,i got the same problem,easy fix,go by inside and try to fold the small piece of titanium where the handle pass through,no problems anymore.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
reaper

Postby reaper » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:40 am

You don't need a spring to fix this

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
reaper

Postby swisski » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:25 am

Depending on when you received your stove, I think all those that are shipping are shipped with the V2 damper- and that has been for a while. I may be wrong, but that was my impression.

As for issues 1 and 2- Do you mean that your damper is unable to spin all the way around freely? I don't believe that is the way they are intended as when you close the damper you are restricting the amount of air flow that can travel through slowing down the burn. Forgive me if I completely am misunderstanding your problem.. but mine gets to a point where it will stop when it is against the wall too, as by design, because that is the goal when you want it in that setting.

3 and 4 are just things you have to live with. After the first burn, the stove pipe becomes super easy to assemble- one person can do it no problem. I myself also tried to achieve no wrinkles when I first set it up, fact of the matter is they are just inevitable. Now I have a wrinkled stove pipe that has worked well time and time again. Love this system.
swisski

Postby kevin_t » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:07 pm

kevin_t

Postby cschache » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:48 pm

ImageImageImage

so correct me if i am wrong but this isnt a v2? as far as the damper spinning around i think was because the tapered end did bend when i turned it in the burn in, i was getting 260 plus degree c up the first part of the pipe wide open, hopefully the pics shed some light on my explanation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cschache

Next

Return to Wood Stoves

x