[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4696: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4700: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Forums • View topic - New pack products

New pack products

Backpack Discussion

New pack products

Postby soadmin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:59 am

Since there have been so many inquiries via various forums etc, we thought we would go ahead and list what is coming. Pricing etc should be available soon along with photos.

Larger day talon - same styling with 2 long pockets one internal pocket, one small external pocket and a hydration pocket pouch. About 1700 cubic inches. Pricing prettily close to current one. Weight about an ounce more. Photos hopefully this week.

Pocketed universal top lid - will work on roll top and draw string bags as well as on the frame with a talon. Capacity 500 to 600 cubic inches. No fluff to add weight like many lids. Pricing TBD , included as standard on draw string bags. This will increase draw string bag pricing. Photos hopefully this week.

New roll top bags - 3900 and 6300 along with 4800. Minor changes to roll top bags in strapping and compression.
These are the easiest to use most weight efficient design. These will include a side zip as a standard option with the ability to choose no zipper. Pricing will be the same for zipper or no zip. With this setup you can be at over 6000 cubic inches for 3.5 lbs. Add a lid for a more traditional styled bag or a talon for the ultimate in compression. Camo 6300 bags will have internal compression built in.

- Utility pockets - a couple removable utility pockets for hydration , food, keys etc

Pals is now standard on all belts. All packs get the latest harness. Frame extensions are standard.

A couple more items will be coming but it will be awhile and I would consider them mostly minor add ons

Let us know if you have any questions
soadmin

Re: New pack products

Postby soadmin » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

We will also be doing a custom shop on pack bags as well, where we can use different materials such as cordura etc
soadmin

Postby ktimm » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

We will be out at shot show next week so it will likely be late next week or early the week after before we have the media together. In the meantime here are a couple day talon 1800 photos ImageImage

It is big enough you could do a light overnight if need be. When it is connected on the frame it almost gives a top bag feel where like old externals you could put a bed roll underneath. Weight in stone gray is 13.7 ounces
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby snubbie » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Several questions:
The Paradox Evo - Ultralight Combo 4800 Roll Top.
Is there a picture on the site of the side zipper? I'm not visualizing how that works.
Also, is this bag currently only available in tan? Any plans for other colors?
I assume the color of the Day Talon in this combo is buyer's choice?

Any ideas yet on when the top lid will be available as an option? And does this lid just strap down over the top of the roll top?

Sorry so many questions, I know you're at the show this week so don't feel rushed to answer.
snubbie

Postby ktimm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:39 am

The ultralight is only in tan. The stone gray is 5 ounces more and the camo a couple ounces more than that for a 4800.

The talon is purchased separately on the UL combo.

Here is an early photo and the lid is not pocketed but it should give you an idea.

For hunting I would definitely use a talon of some sort

The side zip is on the left.

Sorry it's not the greatest photo. We should have the rest of the items by the time we return. It will take a few days to get good photos and videos

The pocketed lid is about 5 ounces probably less in UL fabric.

One thing I should note on fabrics. I love the xpac fabrics and I know we call the tan a UL but it is pretty robust in comparison to most lightweight fabrics. While I love the xpac fabrics, in the summer I would normally take the few ounce savings of the tan. However for all around use , I would choose the xpac
ktimm
Site Admin

Postby snubbie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:43 pm

snubbie

Postby Nathan C » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Snubbie, Kevin is rubbing elbows with the rich and famous in Vegas so I'll try to help you... :)

X-Pac comes in VX-21 gray and VX-33 Camo. The camo is more expensive than the gray. Both are heavier and a bit pricier than the UL fabric.

The UL setup does NOT include a Talon. It's right at 3 lbs for a 4800 ci pack with a 150 lb load rating and for $428.

Sent from my iPhone using
Nathan C
Site Admin

Postby snubbie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks Nathan. Looking forward to all the new info coming in the next few weeks.
snubbie

Postby snubbie » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 am

More questions.

Sorry to keep asking questions but the product information is confusing to me. Before I decide to drop $500 I want to be sure of just what I'm getting.

The Paradox Evo - 4800 Roll Top - Base Talon package, The description list a side zipper as an option, and the PALS on the belt. On the bottom of the description, it lists both of those as a $25 each add on option. Is there an additional charge or not?

Also, just to clarify, a Day Talon IS included in this package correct?
snubbie

Postby soadmin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:41 am

Hi snubbie

Good catch on wording, we will need to correct and update.

Pals is included at no charge
A side zip is included at no charge. You can opt to not have a side zip but there is no change in price

A base talon is included, which is different than the day talon. It is similar size but does not have a separate harness and is only one large pocket.

The price for the combo is 499 unless you go up to camo which adds some cost.

I hope this clears it up. We will get web information updated in the next couple days. Thanks for pointing out the errors in content. Some of it is the result of us offering more value into the product offering and reducing the cost of the most common customizations.

Thanks
soadmin

Next

Return to Backpacks

x